Upcoming High Court Recruitment Punjab 2024 | Latest District Court Vacancy in Punjab 2024
Upcoming High Court Recruitment 2024, High Court/ District Court Vacancy 2024, E-Court Jobs @ ecourts.gov.in
Court Recruitment 2024: Searching for a Upcoming and latest Court recruitment 2024 in your or any other state govt in India, then you are in right place to get the latest and daily updates of Court/ District Court Jobs 2024 information from here. Listed various job vacancies notification and direct link for applying court recruitment 2024 along with official notification. Find out all upcoming district and e-court vacancy across India and other job openings instantly from here.
We have categorize the recruitment of various post like District judges, Assistant Grade-III, Clerk Junior Assistant, Stenographer, Writer, Peon and more. You need to check the details from the links given below of this post. Also we have mentioned about the Eligibility criteria, Educational Qualification and how you can apply for this e-court recruitment information as well.
There are lot of notifications has released on each year by e-courts, So here we are providing Upcoming and updated details about the recruitment of high court and high court benches.
District Court in Punjab Vacancy List Wise
District Court Vacancy in Punjab 2024
District Court Punjab Recruitment 2024, District Court Punjab Recruitment, District Court Punjab And Haryana, District Court Punjab Peon Recruitment 2024, District Court Punjab Calendar 2024, District Court Punjab Jobs, District Court Punjab Holidays 2024, District Court Punjab Peon Recruitment 2024, Sangrur District Court Punjab, Kapurthala District Court Punjab, E District Court Punjab, Mansa District Court Punjab, Faridkot District Court Punjab, Bathinda District Court Punjab, Jobs In District Court Punjab, Fatehgarh Sahib District Court Punjab, Ferozepur District Court Punjab, Tarn Taran District Court Punjab, District And Session Court Punjab Jobs, District And Session Court Punjab Recruitment, District And Session Court Punjab Recruitment 2024, District And Session Court Punjab, District And Session Court Punjab Mansa, District And Session Court Punjab Recruitment 2024, District And Session Court Punjab Jobs 2024, District Court, Bathinda District Court Faridkot, District Court, Fatehgarh Sahib, District Court, Firozpur, District Court Fazilka, District Court, Gurdaspur District Court, Hoshiarpur District Court, Jalandhar District Court, Ludhiana District Court, Kapurthala District Court Ludhiana District Court, Mansa District Court, Moga District Court, Sri Muktsar Sahib, District Court, Pathankot District Court, Patiala District Court, Rupnagar District Court, SAS Nagar (Mohali) District Court, Sangrur District Court, Nawanshahr, District Court Tarn Taran Sahib
The history of the District court at Amritsar dates back to more than one hundred and fifty years. During the era of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, the famous Sikh Ruler of Punjab, there used to be no written laws or judicial courts and no established authority. Only the chieftains would decide cases as per their whims. The Sadar adulate court (Chief Court) was the sole court in his realm. The annexation of the Punjab by the British was immediately followed by the creation of a Board of Administration in 1849 having power so a Sadar Court of Judicature and a Sadar Board of Revenue. In 1853 it was replaced with a Chief Commissioner, and two Principal Commissioners separately appointed for Judicial and Administrative work.
Barnala is 20th district of Indian state of Punjab. It is well known City in the centre of Malwa region. Barnala was declared district in 19th November, 2006 by partitioning the erstwhile Sangrur district. Barnala is a small district both in terms of population and area. The district is surrounded by Ludhiana and Moga districts in North, Sangrur district in East, Mansa district in South and Bhatinda district in South- west. It has diverse population supporting local industries and food business. Seat of Parliament is attached with Sangrur.
Earlier in the year 1943, the state of Patiala was stated to have three posts of District and Sessions Judges viz. at Patiala, Sunam and Barnala, but the Headquarters of District and Sessions Judge, Barnala, was at Bathinda. District and Sessions Judge, Sunam used to visit Narnaul District quarterly for some days.
In that year “Raja Shiv Dayal Singh” was District and Sessions Judge, Patiala and “Shri Kartar Singh Sandhu” was District and Sessions Judge, at Bathinda. In Patiala State, the Courts were of Naib Nazim Faujdari and Naib Nazim Diwani. The Naib Nazim Diwani was under the control of District and Sessions Judge while Naib Nazim Faujdari was under the control of Nazim (now designated as Deputy Commissioner).
Till the disturbances of 1947, the court of District and Sessions Judge, Bathinda was stated to be held in “Qila Mubarak” and when in 1947, the charge of “Qila Mubarik” was taken by the Military, the court of District and Sessions Judge, Bathinda, was shifted to the “Muslim High School” and remained there upto the year 1954, when it was shifted to Civil Station, old Court Complex and at that time Shri Kulbhushan was the District and Sessions Judge, Bathinda. Pepsu was formed in 1948 and at that time there were posts of District and Sessions Judges at Patiala, Sangrur, Bathinda, Kapurthala, Barnala and Fatehgarh Sahib with headquarters at Bassi Pathana.
There was only one post of Additional District and Sessions Judge at Bathinda with headquarters at Faridkot. In Pepsu State, there used to be the post of Additional District Magistrates which now has been designated as Chief Judicial Magistrates. The post of “Naib Nazim Faujdari” and “Naib Nazim Diwani” were amalgamated into Sub Judges-cum-Judicial Magistrates. The Old building of Judicial Court Complex in which the Judicial Courts were functioning up to 5.3.2010, was constructed by Pepsu Government somewhere in the year 1954 in which some portion of this building was earlier occupied by the Officers of Excise Taxation etc. Under the Govt.
Policy for construction of Ultra Modern Judicial Courts Complexes for the convenience of people in the State of Punjab, a proposal was framed for construction of Judicial Courts at Bathinda by dismantling the old Judicial Courts building. The construction of new Judicial Courts Complex, Bathinda, which has three Blocks, namely Block-A, Block-B and Block-C with total covered area of 224000 square feet and with the provision for 18 courts, has been completed. Block-A of courts complex is a four storey building consisting of 14 courts and total covered area is 149000 Square feet.
Block B is also a four storey building consisting of Judicial Service Centre (Suvidha Centre), Canteen, Bar Room and space for bank and commercial shops. Block C consists of four newly constructed courtrooms and other rooms. At present this block is a single storey building, with provision for future extension by building new storey above it. The judicial courts have been functioning in the present building (block-A) since 6.3.2010.
Faridkot district is one of the seventeen districts and Faridkot town is an important historic town in the state of Punjab in North-West India. According to Punjab’s Geo-Area, Faridkot is a Malwa District. It is one of the biggest cotton markets in South-East Asia. The name ‘Faridkot’ is derived from Baba Farid, the famous religious lover of God whose Bani appears in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib. Faridkot was state from 1763 to 1947.
The history of the Faridkot District pertaining to the ancient period has been traced to the Indus Valley Civilization. A few sites explored in the Moga Tehsil (Now a separate District) link it with Indus Valley Civilization sites explored in the Rupnagar District. A vast area, including the present area of Faridkot District was under the influence of Indus Valley Civilization. The ruling dynasty of Faridkot State claimed descent from Rawal Jaisal, who founded Jaisalmer in Rajasthan in 1156. The town was founded in the 16th century by his descendant Bhallan of the Burai Jats.The ancestor of the Faridkot principality, Bhallan was an ardent follower of 6th Sikh Guru Har Gobind. He helped the Guru Har Gobind ji in the battle of Mehraj. He died issueless in 1643. Kapura, who was a nephew of Bhallan, succeeded him. Kapura founded the town of Kotkapura in 1661.
The city is an historically important town north of Patiala, especially for the Sikh faith. Gurudwara Fatehgarh Sahib, marks the site of the live entombment of the two younger sons, Sahibzada Fateh Singh and Sahibzada Zorawar Singh of the tenth Guru of the Sikhs, Sri Guru Gobind Singh on 12 December 1705, by the Governor of Sirhind, Wazir Khan, the place is the today commemorated by Gurdwara Fatehgarh Sahib, 5 km (3.1 mi) north of the Sirhind.
The name ‘Fatehgarh’, refers to the ‘Town of Victory’, because in 1710 Sikhs under the leadership of Banda Bahadur overran the area and razed the fort that was built during Balban’s rule to the ground. Nihang at the Jor Mela held every year in December to commemorate the martyrdom of the king of Guru Gobind Singh. Gurudwara Jyoti Sarup Sahib is about 1 km from Fatehgarh Sahib on Sirhind- Chandigarh road. It was at this place that the mortal remains of Mata Gujri, the mother of Guru Gobind Singh and his two younger sons, Sahibzada Fateh Singh and Sahibzada Zorawar Singh were cremated.
Wazir Khan, the then Faujdar of Sirhind refused to allow the cremation of the bodies unless the land for the cremation was purchased by laying gold coins on it. Todar Mal, who was an ardent devotee of Guru Gobind Singh, purchased this place of land by offering gold coins as demanded. And thus etched his name in the annals of Sikh history and earned the salutation of Deewan. The town is surrounded by four memorial gates, each in the memory of four important figures from the Sikh history associated with Sirhind. These are: Deewan Todar Mal, Nawab Sher Muhammed Khan, Baba Banda Singh Bahadur and Baba Moti Ram Mehra.
Each person belonged to different castes/religions, thus depicting the harmony and brotherhood among people of those times Aam Khas Bagh Fatehgarh Sahib district has many historic monuments that stand testimony to its Afghan and Mughal links. The Mughals are still alive in magnificent architectural legacy, which they had left for the future generations.
Ferozepur, is a city in Ferozepur District in Punjab, India. The name Ferozepur obviously means the town of Feroze. Probably the founder was Feroz Shah Tughlak (A.D.1351-88), as the place must always have occupied an important position in the line of communication between Delhi and Lahore. However, another tradition ascribes its foundation to one of the Chiefs of Bhatti clan namely Firoz Khan, of the middle of the sixteen century. Amazingly, the name of Ferozepur finds mention in the autobiography of Hitler (other than Mein Camph) written by his Propaganda Minister Mr.Gobbles. During the war between Allies and Axis, the Allies used cartridges which were made in Ferozepur. In those days such ammunition was made in the Fort of Ferozepur. When Axis were loosing the battle, Hitler noted that on the said Cartridges “Made in Ferozepur” was inscribed and at that time he enquired as to where this city was because he wanted to destroy it.
Before 15 August 1973 this district was the southernmost of the seven districts of the Jalandhar Division of the Punjab State. On that date, the new Ferozepur Division was formed and Ferozepur District became a part of it. The boundary of the present Ferozepur District on the east runs along the Moga, Faridkot, Mukatsar and Fazilka districts. On the North-east, the River Sutlej generally separates it from the Jalandhar and Kapurthala districts. The United Stream of the Sutlej and Beas generally separates it from the Taran Taran district in the north-west and farther down from Pakistan, with exception of some areas on each side of river. The Revenue district is divided into three sub divisions namely Ferozepur, Zira and Guruharsahai. The Ferozepur Sessions Division consists of Sub divisions namely Guruharsahai, Zira and Ferozepur as District Headquarters.
The origin of Fazilka dates back to 1844 CE. After the Amritsar Treaty of 1809, the East India Company sought permission from Maharaja Ranjit Singh to install a boat pier on Sutlej River at Ferozepur to reach Karachi Port. The request was declined and the Company commissioned an officer Mr. Patrick Vans Alexander Agnew to discover a site for the boat pier, downstream of Ferozepur. He discovered the horseshoe shaped freshwater Lake ‘Badha’ and established a camp on its Southern Periphery. The Company sanctioned a bungalow on the bank of Badha Lake to install boating pier at Village Jhangar. The bungalow was constructed in 1844 which came to be known as “Bangla”
As per the inauguration stone affixed on the building of the court of District and Sessions Judge, Gurdaspur, this court was inaugurated on 11.12.1926 by Hon´ble Sir Shadi Lal, Chief Justice, Hon´ble Lahore High Court.
Gurdaspur was founded by Guriya Ji in the beginning of 17th century. On his name, this city was named as Gurdaspur. He bought land for Gurdaspur from Jats of Sangi Gotra. It is also established that some people used to live in huts in the old city. Guriya Ji a Sanwal Brahmin of Kaushal Gotra belonged to a village Paniar situated 5 miles north of Gurdaspur. The ancestors of Guriya Ji came from Ayodhaya long time ago and settled in Paniar. Guriya Ji had two sons Sh.Nawal Rai and Sh.Pala Ji. The descendants of Nawal Rai settled in Gurdaspur Nawal Rai’s son Baba Deep Chand was a contemporary of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. It is believed that Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave the title of Ganj Bakhsh (Owner Of Treasure) to Baba Deep Chand. The descendants of Baba Deep Chand are known as Mahants.
Little is known about the ancient history of the district except a few antiquities like the rock temples at Mukheshwar Gurdaspur along with its neighbouring districts was the same of the explicits of Alexander, who came up to River Beas in his grand design of world conquest. He faught a grim battle with the Kathaians at Sangala which is located near Fatehgarh in Gurdaspur.
Hoshiarpur was part of the Indus Valley Civilization and legends have it that several places in the district can be linked to the Pandavas. From the Shiwalik range in the district, there were 16 sites where stone-age tools were found. In the 10th Century A.D. the Shiwalik areas came under the power of Pratiharas. During this period, the arts of the local tribesmen took a distinct shape. In 965 A.D., Jaipal came to the throne, thereby infusing the Hindu-Shahi style into Dholbaha valley. The Parmara rulers stayed in power from 988 to 1260 A.D. It was believed that Raja Shankar Dass built a fort in what is now the town of Garhshankar before 1174 A.D., but it was later taken over by Mahmud Ghazni. Soon after that, this district was invaded by Muslim rulers from time to time. From the 19th century, it was under Sikh rule before being occupied by the British until 1947.
Jalandhar, previously known as Jullundur, is an ancient city in Jalandhar District in the state of Punjab, India. It was the capital of Trigarttas (people living in the “land between three rivers”: Ravi, Beas and Sutlej) in the times of Mahabharata war. It has an urban population of almost a million, and another million live in the rural areas outside the city.
Ludhiana city was founded in the time of Lodhi dynasty which ruled in Delhi from 1451-1526 A.D. The legend goes that two Lodhi Chief Yusaf Khan and Nihand Khan were deputed by Sikandar Lodhi (1489-1517 A.D.) to restore order in this region. They camped at the site of present city of Ludhiana which was then a village called Mir Hota. Yusaf Khan went across the river Sutlej in Jalandhar Doab to check Khokhars who were plundering the Doab and made a settlement at Sultanpur while Nihand Khan stayed back and founded the present city at the site of village Mir Hota. The new town was originally known as Lodhiana, which means the town of Lodi’s. The name later changed to the present name Ludhiana.
Kapurthala (Punjabi: ਕਪੂਰਥਲਾ, Hindi: कपूरथला) is a city in Punjab state of India. It is the administrative headquarters of Kapurthala District. It was the capital of the Kapurthala State, a princely state in British India. The secular and aesthetic mix of the city with its prominent buildings based on French and Indo-Saracenic architecture self-narrate its princely past. It is also known as city of Palaces & Gardens.
Mansa town is said to have been founded by Bhai Gurdas, who hailed from Dhingar, a village of this district. He is said to have been married at this place among the Dhaliwal Jat Sikh. Once he came to his in-laws to take his wife alongwith him, but they refused to send her. At this, Bhai Gurdas sat in meditation opposite the house of his in-laws. After some time, the parents of the girl agreed to send their daughter with Bhai Gurdas. But, he refused to take her along with him, stating that now he had renounced the worldly way of life. A Samadh was constructed in his memory, where a fair is held every year in March-April. People in large numbers attend the fair and offer Laddus and Gur at the Samadh.
District Moga is the 17th District drawn on the map of Punjab State on 24th day of November 1995. Before this, Moga was the sub-division of Faridkot District. Moga town the head quarter of the District is situated on Ferozpur-Ludhiana road. Area of Dharamkot block with 150 villages has been emerged in Moga district vides. Pb. Govt. notification No. 2/36/98-R.E. 2(1) 6408 dated 5-11-99.
Moga District falls under the jurisdiction of Ferozpur division. Its boundaries touch the boundaries of Jalandhar district in north, Ludhiana district in East, Sangrur in South and Faridkot & Ferozpur in West. It stretches between longitude 75 degree – 15, 75 degree – 25 east and latitude 30 degree – 35 and 31 degree 15 North. It spreads over an area on 2230 km which comes to 4.42 % of the Punjab State. The average annual rainfall of district was 234.5 mm by the year 1999. In Moga District 63.94 percent population is literate, whereas the rate for male & female literacy is 68.40 & 58.96 respectively.
Battle of Sri Muktsar Sahib
In 1704 Anandpur was under an extended siege by the allied forces of the Mughals and the hill chiefs. Provisions were completely exhausted and the Khalsa lived on leaves and the bark of trees. The Jats of Majha made up their mind to go home. The Guru would not let them leave unless they signed a disclaimer saying that they were no longer the Sikhs of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Out of hundreds of Sikhs, only forty put their thumb impression on the disclaimer; they were then permitted to leave Anandpur. This was during the siege of Sri Anandpur Sahib, which lasted eight months long, resulting in about 10,000 Sikh Soldiers under the 10th Master, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji giving a devasting defeat to the one million mughals who had invaded the holy city. Each of the Hill Rajas, except about three groups were fighting along side the Mughal Imperial Army.
The Pathankot Sessions Division came into existence on 03.08.2013. The new Court premises are situated near Malikpur Bypass, Pathankot and is at a distance of 4 kms from Bus stand, Pathankot. The Court premises spread over on about a area of 7.38 acres. The Court premises contains four floors, including the ground floor, Litigant block etc.The foundation stone of the New Judicial Courts Complex, Pathankot was laid on 22nd January 2011 by Hon’ble Mr. Justice Rajive Bhalla, Chairman, Building Committee, Punjab and Haryana High Court, Hon’ble Mr. Justice Rakesh Kumar Garg, Administrative Judge, District Gurdaspur, Hon’ble Mr. Justice Ajay Tewati, Member, Building Committee, Punjab.
Before the time of His Highness Maharaja Karm Singh, the administrative and judicial work of the State was in the hands of the thanadars( faujdars of the Ain-i-Akbari), the collectors of revenue (ugraha) being under them. There was no treasury and no court. In each pargana there was a thanadar, and in Sunam and Patiala proper there were kotwals. Their decisions in civil and criminal cases were final. Claims and offences, of whatever nature, were disposed of after verbal enquiry.
No record of evidence was made and no judgement prepared. Final orders were given by word of mouth. The people acquisced in the decisions and seldom appealed to the Diwan or Wazir. There was no regular law in force; the customs and usages of the country were followed in deciding cases and had the force of law. The panchayat system was generally in vogue, and boundary disputes specially were referred to arbitration.
The administering of oaths (nem) to the litigants was a great factor in bringing cases to an amicable settlement. The offenders were generally fined, but habitual and grave offenders were imprisoned without and fixed term of years and were released at the pleasure of the presiding officer. In murder cases the offender’s relations were ordered to pay the price of blood to the heirs of the deceased by offering either a nata (female relative in marriage) or some culturable land or some cash, and thus to bring about an amicable settlement of the case; otherwise the perpetrator was hanged, generally on a kikkar tree, in some conspicuous place where the corpse was left hanging for many days.
Barbarous punishments, such as maiming and mutilation, were in force to some extent. Sometimes the face, hands and feet, of an offender were blackened and he was proclaimed by best of drum, mounted on a donkey through the streets of the city. (for detailed account vide ‘History of Patiala’, by Khalifa Sayyid Muhammad Hasan, Prime Minister, Patiala State.)
Rupnagar Town/District is one of the oldest cities of Punjab. It carries historical importance as it is related to ancient Indus Valley civilization which developed in this area about 5000 years ago. Apart from it, this city is situated at the bank of the Sutlej River which is one of the five oldest rivers of the old undivided Punjab. A historical meeting was held at Ropar (Rupnagar) in 1831 between Maharaja Ranjit Singh and William Bantick, the Governor of India, at the bank of river Sutlej.
Two ‘Durbars’ were set up on opposite side of the river. There is a historic site built at Ropar where the meeting took place and it is known as ‘Rendezvous’ or ‘Shahi Mulakat’. Rupnagar District has many Religious/ Historical places. Like, Shri Anandpur Sahib and Chamkaur Sahib, both are the sub-divisions (Talukas) of this district.
As “Khalsa Panth” was formulated by Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, the tenth Guru of Sikh religion, and his two sons namely Sahibzada Ajit Singh Ji and Sahibzada Jujjhar Singh Ji were martyred in the battle between Mughals and Sikhs at Chamkaur Sahib. Apart from the said places there is the highest gravity dam of Asia namely “Bhakra Dam” situated at Nangal which is also a part of this Rupnagar district. At present there are one Sub divisions of Rupnagar namely Anandpur Sahib, as remaining i.e Kharar, and Dera-Bassi is merged in SAS Nagar (Mohali) Session devision which is newly created on December 2015.
District has been carved out of areas falling in Ropar and Patiala District as 18th District of Punjab on 14th April 2006. It is officially named after the eldest son of Guru Gobind Singh, Sahibzada Ajit Singh (SAS Nagar, or “House of Sahibzada Ajit Singh”)Because of its contiguous with the union territory of Chandigarh. The district has been formed to achieve growth of development as this area is emerging as major I.T.hub of Nothern India.
The district includes Mohali, Kharar and Dera Bassi Tehsils. It is located in the north east part of Punjab and is part of Patiala division The District includes 414 villages. The important township in the district are Kharar, Kurali, Mohali, Zirakpur & Dera Bassi. Kharar tehsil is the largest administrative unit of the New district with 144 villages followed by Dera Bassi Tehsil with 44 villages.27 villages are newly added in the District Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar which are carved out from District Patiala.
District Sangrur draws its name from its city Sangrur which is headquarter. Sangrur is bounded by Ludhiana, Moga, Bathinda and Patiala Districts of State of Punjab and by Hissar District of State of Haryana. It is directly linked by road with Chandigarh (127 Kilometer), Ludhiana (80 Kilometer), Bathinda (100 Kilometer) and Delhi (257 Kilometer). It falls on Ludhiana-Jakhal railway track. From the administrative point of view, District Sangrur is divided into five Tehsils(Earlier, Now Barnala is a separate District).The climate of District is dry with short monsoon and it is hot in summer and cold in winter.
Sangrur was Capital of Erstwhile Jind State and Raja Raghbir Singh kept his residence here. His elevation as Chief of State took place on 31.3.1874. It was he, who built a beautiful town constructing a bazaar on the pattern of famous pink city Jaipur with pucca shops. In those days there used to be located gates, temples and Gurudwaras on all four corners of city. The State was ruled by various Rulers prior and after Raja Raghbir Singh. At the time of independence, Raja Ranbir Singh was ruler of Jind State. With the integration of princely States of Patiala, Nabha, Jind, Kapurthaia, Kalsian, Nalagarh, it became a part of Pepsu State. Thereafter, the place was given status of District in 1948. Now Jind and Narwana are not the part of this District.
Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar (Nawanshahr) District is situated on the right bank of mighty river Sutlej. It is situated at a distance of 92 Kms from Chandigarh. It is surrounded by four districts. The west border of the District touches Jalandhar, east border with Roop Nagar, northern border meets with District Hoshiarpur and its southern border touches Ludhiana and Kapurthala Districts. The town ‘Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar (Nawanshahr)’, is said to have been built during the reign of Alaudin Khilji (1295-1316) by his Afgan Military Chief Nausher Khan. Previously, it was called ‘Nausar’ but with the passage of time, the town came to be known as ‘The Nawanshahr.
Nausher Khan had constructed five forts known as Havelis, whose remains still exist. One more belief is that most of the people who were afraid of River Satluj came from Rahon to Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar (Nawanshahr) and settled in a small locality and according to folk talk, the area of the present Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar (Nawanshahr) was known as ‘Neevan Vashon’ after that it became famous as Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar (Nawanshahr).
Steeped in antiquity, Tarn Taran dates back to the times of the fifth sikh Guru Shri Guru Arjan Dev ji (1563-1606). He laid the foundation of this city in 1596 and the milestone was laid for the welfare of people with the establishment of Shri Tarn Taran Sahib Temple. Tarn Taran Sahib was part of the Bhangi Misl ruled by a powerful Sikh family of Dhillon clan from (1716-1810). In 1947, the year of the Partition of India and the Partition of Punjab, Tarn Taran was the only tehsil (district) in Punjab along with Shiekhupura, Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Hoshiapur, Kapurthala, Amritsar, Lyallpur, Patiala with a majority Sikh population.
Guru Sahib created this city for the welfare of people. He was the first to initiate the noble cause of curing the leprosy patients. It was later strengthened by the setup of leprosy Home by Church Missionary society in 1885.
Tarn Taran is the pivot of Sikh culture and has many historical Gurdwaras. With so many Gurudwaras of historic importance, this makes the Majha belt a historic sikh centre of gathering and interest. The city has many historical Gurudwaras which include Darbar Sahib Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji, Gurdwara Guru Ka Khuh (Gurdwara of the Guru’s Well), Gurdwara Bibi Bhani Da Khuh, Gurdwara Takkar Sahib, Gurdwara Lakeer Sahib, Gurudwara Baba Garja Singh Baba Bota Singh, Gurdwara Jhulne Mahal, and Thatti Khara.
District Courts, Chandigarh came into existence on 01.11.1966 with Shri Jasmer Singh being posted as first District & Sessions Judge, Chandigarh and Shri Sohan Lal Verma as Sub Judge First Class, Chandigarh. Earlier, 20 Courts were functioning in District Court Complex, Sector-17, Chandigarh and were shifted to New District Courts Complex, Sector-43, Chandigarh on 25.01.2013.
On creation of 10 new Courts i.e 4 Courts of Additional District & Sessions Judge and 6 Courts of Civil Judge (Jr. Div.) in the year 2014, the strength of the Courts at present has risen to 30 Courts i.e 01 Court of District & Sessions Judge, 09 Courts of Additional District & Sessions Judge (including 01 Special Court for trying CBI cases & 01 exclusive Court for fast track cases of Heinous Crime Against Women). 01 Court of Civil Judge (Senior Division), 01 Court of Chief Judicial Magistrate and 18 subordinate Courts ( including 2 special Courts dealing with Under Section 138 of N.I. Act ) are functioning in this Sessions Division.
It is situated in Sector -43, Chandigarh and is commutable by foot from Inter State Bus Terminus, Chandigarh. The new District Courts Complex is four storeyed having 31 Court Rooms. The initial strength of the District Bar Association was 15-20 members which has also grown in manifold in strength and presently there are about 3000 Advocates enrolled as members of District Bar Association.